1. Preheat the oven to 340 °F .
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat softened butter with granulated sugar, maple sugar, eggs, and vanilla with an electric hand mixer until the buttercream is fluffy.
3. Sift the flour and salt in a separate mixing bowl and add to the wet ingredients, mixing until everything is incorporated.
4. Scoop the cupcake batter into the cupcake mould with an ice cream scoop and bake for 20-23 minutes.
5. Once the cupcake is finished baking, let it cool completely before adding the frosting.
6. To make the frosting, mix softened butter with icing sugar, vanilla extract, and maple syrup with an electric hand mixer and beat until smooth.
7. Transfer the maple buttercream into a piping bag and pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes
8. Garnish with maple flakes and enjoy!