Maple Cranberry & Dark Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Serves: 18 - 20
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Beat together butter with maple sugar and granulated sugar in a large bowl until smooth and slightly fluffy. Beat in maple syrup, then mix in egg and vanilla.
- Whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt and oats in a separate large bowl. Stir it into the creamed butter mixture until just combined. Add dried cranberries and chocolate chips or chunks and fold them in evenly. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Scoop heaped tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them 3 inches apart. Flatten each portion slightly using the palm of your hand or the bottom of a dry measuring cup and bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden around the edges.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack and let cookies cool for 2 minutes before transferring them individually to the rack to continue cooling. These stay soft and chewy for days in an airtight container. Makes 18-20 cookies.
- You can keep the cookie dough covered in the fridge for up to 24 hours before baking. Let the dough stand at room temperature for 15 minutes to soften slightly before portioning and baking.
- Try adding 1/2 cup of chopped pecans to the dough for a holiday twist.